Friday, August 8, 2014

QUOTES ABOUT SEA AND OCEAN



55.gif




As the ocean is never full of water, so is the heart never full of love - Unknown





The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul - Wyland






In every outthrust headland, in every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth - Rachel Carson




Don’t grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach - Michelle Held




Every time I stand before a beautiful beach, its waves seem to whisper to me: If you choose the simple things and find joy in nature’s simple treasures, life and living need not be so hard - Psyche Roxas-Mendoza




The voice of the sea speaks to the soul. The touch of the sea is sensuous, enfolding the body in its soft, close embrace - Kate Chopin





In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans - Kahlil Gibran




Our knowledge is a little island in a great ocean of nonknowledge - Isaac Bashevis




After a visit to the beach, it’s hard to believe that we live in a material world - Pam Shaw




To me, the sea is like a person — like a child that I’ve known a long time. It sounds crazy, I know, but when I swim in the sea I talk to it. I never feel alone when I’m out there -  Gertrude Ederle




When anxious, uneasy and bad thoughts come, I go to the sea, and the sea drowns them out with its great wide sounds, cleanses me with its noise, and imposes a rhythm upon everything in me that is bewildered and confused - Rainer Maria Rilke




The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea - Isak Dinesen





Even the upper end of the river believes in the ocean - William Stafford





The ocean makes me feel really small and it makes me put my whole life into perspective… it humbles you and makes you feel almost like you’ve been baptized. I feel born again when I get out of the ocean - Beyoncé Knowles




The sea ! the sea ! the open sea !, The blue, the fresh, the ever free ! - Bryan W. Procter




I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me - Isaac Newton





The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood, and the sound of outer ocean on a beach - Henry Beston





I read and walked for miles at night along the beach, writing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life. It never crossed my mind that that person could be me - Anna Quindlen





We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch – we are going back from whence we came…-  John F. Kennedy






Eternity begins and ends with the ocean’s tides - Unknown




The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach – waiting for a gift from the sea - Anne Morrow Lindbergh




The sea lives in every one of us - Wyland




To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude - Jeanne Moreau





The Sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau






I still love things that you don’t even need to pay for. Going to the beach and being around five of your friends and having a good time means so much more than going out and spending hundreds of dollars - Maria Sharapova





I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought - Helen Keller





That the sea is one of the most beautiful and magnificent sights in Nature, all admit - John Joly





We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop - Mother Teresa





Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone - Anonymous





The waves of the sea help me get back to me - Jill Davis





Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away - Sarah Kay






Writers begin with a grain of sand, and then create a beach - Robert Black